About Bangkok (DMK)
History has the record to prove that, throughout the 20th century Bangkok was Thailand's political center during the country's political struggles to abolish the absolute monarchy. This place of significance that started then continues till date, where Bangkok holds an important position in Thailand's politics. It is not alone an international hub for transport and health care, a regional center for the arts, fashion, and entertainment, but it is also has a significant impact on its regional force in finance and business.
The city is the economic center of Thailand and the very heart of the country's investment. Bangkok's economy ranks 6th among Asian cities in terms of per-capita GDP. While wholesale and retail trade is the largest sector that drives the city's economy, there are other influencing sectors as well. To mention; manufacturing, real estate, renting and business activities, transport and communications, and financial intermediation.
There are plentiful tourist attractions in the city that has brought it fame and popularity. Moreover, Travel + Leisure magazine named Bangkok as "World's Best City" for four consecutive years.
Book Cheap Flights To Bangkok:Planning on a trip to Bangkok? The best time to make the efforts to book cheap flights to Bangkok is right now! The destination you are going to step into is beautiful and thus, the expenses on travel and accommodation might startle you just a little bit if unprepared. Save money by checking into cheap flight tickets to Bangkok on Tripzumi. Check with our experts for budget tickets to Bangkok and offers on flight tickets that will help you save on travel. No matter what the nature of your travel might be, for a comfortable and smooth flight package, drop into Tripzumi.
- Grand Palace: Step into the beauty of Bangkok's once royal residence inside the Grand Palace. The palace still hosts several royal ceremonies and state functions and is one among Bangkok's chief attractions.
- Wat Pho: The most famous and oldest temple in Bangkok is Wat Pho. The serene atmosphere and the temple are popular for the giant reclining Buddha statue, historic art, and other sculptures. You may also take a stroll among the rock gardens, chapels, cloisters, and stupas.
- Wat Ratchanatdaram: Visit the inspiring Buddist temple Wat Ratchanatdaram, during your stay in Bangkok. The temple was built in 1846 after the orders of King Nangklao (Rama III) for the princess granddaughter, Somanass Waddhanawathy.
- National Museum of Royal Barges: Go back in time to Bangkok's ancient history at the National Museum of Royal Barges. The museum has a collection of several historic royal barges which carried the royal family members. The most important barge on display is the Suphannahong, which is made from one piece of timber, and has a golden swan figurehead sculpted, which was exclusively used by the King
- Samutprakarn Crocodile Farm and Zoo: Get a better look at nature at its best at the Samutprakarn Crocodile Farm and Zoo. You may visit the world's largest crocodile in captivity (park claims so), elephants, lions, tigers, monkeys, horses, and hippos. Also, enjoy an elephant ride, paddle boating, etc.
Few other things to do in Bangkok:
- Wat Arun
- Vimanmek Mansion
- Bangkok National Museum
- Golden Buddha
- Khao San Road
- Jim Thompson House
- Siam Paragon
- Ananta Samakhom Throne Hall
- Dusit Zoo
- Giant Swing
Tips to book cheap flights to Bangkok:
- Once you decide to fly, make sure you head straight to check on the flights. Booking in advance is a great way to catch hold of cheap flight tickets.
- Plan your trip accordingly, when your travel isn't an emergency. Flying during holidays, festive season, etc., could be expensive. Thus again, if your trip is a sure one, check out flights in advance to know discounts on flights to Bangkok.
- Flying during the weekdays could spare your pockets a reasonable amount of money. Consider this option.
- Check out if there are 2 flights with 2-3 stops on route to Bangkok. Getting a little out of the comfort zone of direct flights can save you a huge sum of money.