About Calgary (YYC)
Calgary became the first Canadian city to host the Winter Olympic Games in 1988. Sports and recreation have taken an entirely different role since the Olympics; moreover, the topography of Calgary compliments it. Bobsleigh, luge, cross-country skiing, ski jumping, downhill skiing, snowboarding are the popular winter sports activities; mountain biking trail is the most common summer sport activity apart from few other games.
The city attracts its visitors with the towering skyscrapers that it holds, having Calgary Tower and the Scotiabank Saddledome being the unique ones of prominence from the rest.
Book Cheap Flights From Calgary:For effortless booking of the cheapest flights to Calgary, visit us at Tripzumi. With great seasonal deals and offers, we are sure your tour to city will be filled with the comfort you dream of. Find with us offers on business and economy class tickets, on the best and cheapest flights to Calgary that suit your convenience best. While we focus on helping you save time and money of flight tickets to Calgary, go ahead and plan what your trip requires.
- Telus Spark: A science museum with interactive exhibits, multimedia presentations and educational demonstrations in Calgary, Alberta, Canada- The Telus Spark. People of all age groups who have the desire to explore and have an eye for informative and educational vacation, can drop in here. The museum welcomes more than 380,000 visitors annually.
- Fort Calgary: The fort was established on April 10, 1875 by a federal order to force out whiskey traders from the area under the command of Éphrem A. Brisebois.Fort Calgary which was earlier known as Fort Brisebois is currently a historic site and museum.
- Devonian Gardens: One of the things-to-do in Calgary includes a visit to its only indoor park- Devonian Gardens. With over 50 varieties of plants, 500 trees and a 900 square feet “living wall”, the park is a remarkable place to visit in the city.
- Calgary Tower: Have a breathtaking view of the city from the 191 meter free standing Calgary Tower. Also enjoy their restaurant, arts and other entertainment from the whooping height.
- Dinosaur Provincial Park: Explore the richest deposits of dinosaur fossils at the Dinosaur Provincial Park. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site located southeast of Calgary. To take a peek at dinosaur bones, wildlife and camping, there is no better place than this one in Calgary.
Few Other Things to do in Calgary:
- Heritage Park Historical Village
- Calaway Park
- The Military Museums
- Glenbow Museum
- Glenmore Reservoir
- Aero Space Museum of Calgary
- Core Shopping Centre
- Baitun Nur Mosque
- Knox United Church
- Sikome Lake
Tips to book cheap flights to Calgary:
- Once you decide to fly, make sure you head straight to check on the flights. Booking in advance is a great way to catch hold of cheap flight tickets.
- Plan your trip accordingly when your travel isn't an emergency. Flying during holidays, festive season, etc., could be expensive. Thus again, if your trip is a sure one, check out flights in advance to know discounts on flights to Calgary.
- Flying during the weekdays could spare your pockets a reasonable amount of money. Consider this option.
- Check out if there are 2 flights with 2-3 stops on route to Calgary. Getting a little out of the comfort zone of direct flights can save you a huge sum of money.
- Consider different airlines that offer cheap flights to Calgary and mix-match them. Try to fly to Calgary on one airline and fly from Calgary via different airline. This could also help you save a little bit of money.