About Dubai (DXB)
Dubai’s economy is primarily from oil trade. After 1969, oil revenue started flowing into the country, making Dubai one among the leaders in economic development. The city has one among of the world's fastest growing economies. In 2014, Dubai's gross domestic product was projected at USD 107.1 billion, with a growth rate of 6.1%. The city has risen to the status of a global city being the predominant business hub of the Middle East.
The other industries that support Dubai’s financial growth are aviation, tourism, real estate, and financial services. Dubai has become a recent favorite for its breathtaking architectural achievements in its skyscrapers and high-rise buildings. The upcoming big event that the city is about to face is World Expo 2020.
It is not a surprise to learn that Dubai is the 22nd most expensive city in the world and the most expensive city in the Middle East, as of 2012. Also, Dubai's hotel rooms have been rated the second most expensive in the world. Arabic and Middle Eastern culture thrives in many aspects of Dubai’s markers. The cuisine, arts, music, luxury, fashion and every field has a large influence on Arabic and Islamic tradition and culture.
Tourism plays a vital role in maintaining the inflow of foreign cash into the emirate. Shopping is the big lure that Dubai lays out for its visitors, with its many shopping malls, boutiques, gold jewelry retail shops, precious stones, etc. Thus, rightly also known as "Shopping Capital of the Middle East" and “the City of Gold". Dubai alone has more than 70 shopping centers, including the world's largest shopping center, Dubai Mall.
Book Cheap Flights To Dubai:Planning on a trip to Dubai? The best time to make the efforts to book cheap flights to Dubai is right now! The destination you are going to step into is beautiful and thus, the expenses on travel and accommodation might startle you just a little bit if unprepared. Save money by checking into cheap flight tickets to Dubai on Tripzumi. Check with our experts for budget tickets to Dubai and offers on flight tickets that will help you save on travel. No matter what the nature of your travel might be, for a comfortable and smooth flight package, drop into Tripzumi.
- Burj Khalifa: Get ready to stand in awe before the tallest building on earth- Burj Khalifa. This mega tall skyscraper has brought Dubai fame and admiration. The 160 storey building has broken several world height records and is a major attraction in the city.
- Burj Al Arab: Situated on an artificial island, the Burj Al Arab is a popular attraction in Dubai. This luxury 5 star hotel is the 3rd tallest hotel in the world! It has a sail shape and is one among Dubai's proud landmarks.
- Wild Wadi: Busy yourself with the splashes and fun at the Wild Wadi Water Park. Operated by Jumeirah International, this water park is a great place to catch up on entertainment with family and friends. 30 water rides, 59 feet waterfall ride, restaurants, gift shops and dining add to the enjoyment.
- Ski Dubai: Looking for some shiver filled activities in Dubai? Visit Ski Dubai, a fantastic indoor ski resort that offers 22, 500 square feet of indoor ski area! This is a favorite recreational activity of the emirate residents considering their natural climatic conditions.
- Dubai Creek: Take a quick trip on the Dubai Creek. Popular for being the home to Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club, the saltwater creek provides for Dubai's fishing and pearling industry.
Few other things to do in Dubai:
- Palm Jumeirah
- Dubai Mall
- Dubai Museum
- Dubai Dolphinarium
- Dubai fountain
- Saeed Al Maktoum House
- Jumeirah Mosque
- Safa Park
- Dubai World Trade Centre
- Dubai Marina
Tips to book cheap flights to Dubai:
- Once you decide to fly, make sure you head straight to check on the flights. Booking in advance is a great way to catch hold of cheap flight tickets.
- Plan your trip accordingly, when your travel isn't an emergency. Flying during holidays, festive season, etc., could be expensive. Thus again, if your trip is a sure one, check out flights in advance to know discounts on flights to Dubai.
- Flying during the weekdays could spare your pockets a reasonable amount of money. Consider this option.
- Check out if there are 2 flights with 2-3 stops on route to Dubai. Getting a little out of the comfort zone of direct flights can save you a huge sum of money.