About Dublin (DUB)
This city also has the reputation of being listed as a global city by the Globalization and World Cities Research Network (GaWC). With a ranking of "Alpha", Dublin is placed among the top 30 cities in the world. The city thrives in economic affluence, contemporary education, arts, administration, and industrial growth. The tourism industry also takes a pace of prominence, owing to its historical background.
Dublin is the home to many ancient monuments and landmarks. Till date, the city takes pride in its monuments that were established hundreds of years ago. One among those being the Dublin Castle, which was built as a major defensive work taking after the orders of King John of England in 1204. The city has many more reasons to boast apart from the monuments. One- the home to great literary works and two- the green scenic beauty. William Butler Yeats, George Bernard Shaw, Samuel Beckett, Oscar Wilde, Jonathan Swift and many other prominent literary figures stepped out from Dublin. The later mentioned prideful fact mentioned is one to be greatly appreciated. Dublin has more green spaces per square kilometer than any other European capital city. It is recorded that 97% of city residents living within 300 meters of a park area. It is to be greatly admired that the city council plants approximately 5,000 trees annually, manages over 1,500 hectares of parks and provides 2.96 hectares of public green space per 1,000 people and 255 playing fields. Therefore, expect to walk into many beautiful green pastures when you visit Dublin.
Book Cheap Flights To Dublin:Planning on a trip to Dublin? The best time to make the efforts to book cheap flights to Dublin is right now! The destination you are going to step into is beautiful and thus, the expenses on travel and accommodation might startle you just a little bit if unprepared. Save money by checking into cheap flight tickets to Dublin on Tripzumi. Check with our experts for budget tickets to Dublin and offers on flight tickets that will help you save on travel. No matter what the nature of your travel might be, for a comfortable and smooth flight package, drop into Tripzumi.
- National Museum of Ireland – Archaeology: Going back into the world of the ancients is fun. Get into this informative adventure experience at the National Museum of Ireland – Archaeology. Discover history behind ancient artifacts specific to Ireland and from around the globe. Bog bodies, Viking artifacts, ancient gold, glass, ceramics and much more!
- Dublin Castle: Visit the historic Dublin Castle for a closer look at the Irish government complex. The castle is one among the oldest buildings in Dublin and its walls carry many historic stories.
- Dublin Writers Museum: The best essence of literature at its own home- Dublin Writers Museum. This 18th-century mansion features the works and lives of few of the great literary giants from Dublin.
- Malahide Castle: The 12th century Malahide Castle which was once residence to the Talbot family is now preserved as a historical monument in Dublin. Renowned for its architecture and historical background, this is yet another tourist attraction.
- Powerscourt Estate: Take a look at one of Ireland's most beautiful gardens at- Powerscourt Estate. With a wonderful waterfalls, exotic plants, dining and shopping experience, the estate is a must visit on the list.
Few other things to do in Dublin:
- Kilmainham Gaol
- Phoenix Park
- Chester Beatty Library
- National Botanic Gardens
- Natural History Museum (Ireland)
- Dublin Zoo
- National Leprechaun Museum
- National Aquatic Centre
- Irish Museum of Modern Art
- Ashtown Castle
Tips to book cheap flights to Dublin:
- Once you decide to fly, make sure you head straight to check on the flights. Booking in advance is a great way to catch hold of cheap flight tickets.
- Plan your trip accordingly, when your travel isn't an emergency. Flying during holidays, festive season, etc., could be expensive. Thus again, if your trip is a sure one, check out flights in advance to know discounts on flights to Dublin.
- Flying during the weekdays could spare your pockets a reasonable amount of money. Consider this option.
- Check out if there are 2 flights with 2-3 stops on route to Dublin. Getting a little out of the comfort zone of direct flights can save you a huge sum of money.