About Edmonton (YEA)
Popularly known as the "Gateway to the North", the city is a staging point for large-scale oil sands projects occurring in northern Alberta and large-scale diamond mining operations in Northwest Territories. The city has a dry climatic condition overall, but that does not hinder the ever busy music and art concerts. One of the most acoustically perfect concert halls in Canada, Francis Winspear Centre for Music was opened in 1997. History has it that it is home to the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra and hosts a wide variety of shows every year. It has the capacity to seat 1,932 patrons and houses the $3-million Davis Concert Organ, the largest concert organ in Canada.
Book Cheap Flights From Edmonton:For effortless booking of the cheapest flights to Edmonton, visit us at Tripzumi. With great seasonal deals and offers, we are sure your tour to city will be filled with the comfort you dream of. Find with us offers on business and economy class tickets, on the best and cheapest flights to Edmonton that suit your convenience best. While we focus on helping you save time and money of flight tickets to Edmonton, go ahead and plan what your trip requires.
- West Edmonton Mall: Walk into West Edmonton Mall to experience exclusive shopping, fine dining, exciting entertainment and Edmonton’s thriving nightlife. Until 2004, this was the largest shopping mall in North America and the tenth largest in the world by gross leasable area.
- Fort Edmonton Park: If you are curious about Edmonton’s early years you must visit Fort Edmonton Park, a living history museum. It is famous for the first enduring European post in the area of modern-day Edmonton, and for being the largest living museum in Canada by area.
- Muttart Conservatory: Draw in a bit of botanical beauty from the innovative and attractive Muttart Conservatory. The garden has a display of tropical and arid biomes, placed within its unique pyramid structure.
- Edmonton Valley Zoo: Explore wildlife, different species from varied climatic conditions and habitats at the Edmonton Valley Zoo. It is home to over 350 animals and the right place to discover more about the natural world.
- Francis Winspear Centre for Music: Built in 1997, the Francis Winspear Centre for Music is a performing arts centre located in downtown Edmonton, Alberta. It is the home of the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra and is the perfect place to enjoy a delightful musical concert.
Few Other Things to do in Edmonton:
- Elk Island National Park
- Alberta Aviation Museum
- Rutherford House
- Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village
- Alberta Railway Museum
- Harcourt House
- Princess Theatre
- Edmonton Corn Maze
- Mill Woods Sport Park
- Northlands Park
Tips to book cheap flights to Edmonton:
- Once you decide to fly, make sure you head straight to check on the flights. Booking in advance is a great way to catch hold of cheap flight tickets.
- Plan your trip accordingly when your travel isn't an emergency. Flying during holidays, festive season, etc., could be expensive. Thus again, if your trip is a sure one, check out flights in advance to know discounts on flights to Edmonton.
- Flying during the weekdays could spare your pockets a reasonable amount of money. Consider this option.
- Check out if there are 2 flights with 2-3 stops on route to Edmonton. Getting a little out of the comfort zone of direct flights can save you a huge sum of money.
- Consider different airlines that offer cheap flights to Edmonton and mix-match them. Try to fly to Edmonton on one airline and fly from Edmonton via a different airline. This could also help you save a little bit of money.