About Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
The district has 561 hotels and motels, with close to 35,000 rooms. Greater Fort Lauderdale has over 4,000 restaurants, 63 golf courses, 12 shopping malls, 16 museums, 132 nightclubs, 278 parkland campsites, and 100 marinas housing 45,000 resident yachts. That being said, you should know by now that you are going to step into a popular tourist destination.
Fort Lauderdale's economy benefits largely from its tourism industry. Record has it that, in 2012, Greater Fort Lauderdale hosted 12 million visitors (including 2.8 million international visitors!). As a result, the city and county collected $43.9 million from the 5% bed tax it charges, after hotels in the area recorded an occupancy rate for the year of 72.7 percent and an average daily rate of $114.48. However, what used to be a famous spring break destination for college students from 1940s through the 1980s, has now changed. The city still has many visitors, just that it attracts wealthier tourists.
The reason behind the popularity of Fort Lauderdale as a tourist destination is also because the city is a major manufacturing and maintenance hub for yachts. Cruise ships and nautical recreation provide the basis for the revenue raised by tourism. The city's boating industry alone is responsible for over 109,000 jobs in the county. Fort Lauderdale's; close proximity to the Bahamas and Caribbean, other canals, home port for 42,000 boats, approximately 100 marinas and boatyards, etc., has made the city a popular yachting vacation stop. It is no surprise that the city also hosts the annual Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show, which brings over 125,000 people to the city each year.
Book Cheap Flights To Fort Lauderdale:Planning on a trip to Fort Lauderdale? The best time to make the efforts to book cheap flights to Fort Lauderdale is right now! The destination you are going to step into is beautiful and thus, the expenses on travel and accommodation might startle you just a little bit if unprepared. Save money by checking into cheap flight tickets to Fort Lauderdale on Tripzumi. Check with our experts for budget tickets to Fort Lauderdale and offers on flight tickets that will help you save on travel. No matter what the nature of your travel might be, for a comfortable and smooth flight package, drop into Tripzumi.
Explore Fort Lauderdale:
- Las Olas Boulevard: Get the taste of the vibrancy in oceanside life at Las Olas Boulevard. This popular commercial stretch in Fort Lauderdale has courtyards with bars, nightclubs, bridal stores, shops, boutiques, art galleries, restaurants, etc. For the pleasant experience of this city, make sure you visit this thoroughfare.
- Museum of Discovery and Science: Exciting and innovative science exhibits for all at the Museum of Discovery and Science. This is the state's largest museum of the state of its kind. Also, experience science in the natural world at a whole new level at the IMAX 3D Theater at the museum.
- Bonnet House: Step into the artistic beauty of the historic home- Bonnet House. The home is added to U.S National Register of Historic Places and America's 11 most endangered sites. The beautiful gardens and architecture of the home reflect Florida's history and ancestry.
- Hugh Taylor Birch State Park: The perfect spot to nestle in for some quite time- Hugh Taylor Birch State Park. The park, which was a former estate has the peaceful atmosphere for long bicycle rides, features to rent a canoe, a peek at local wildlife and plants, and more!
- Stranahan House: The oldest residence and trading post in Broward County is Stranahan House. Built in 1901, the house has its own share of legacy and history. A tour around the house is offered for visitors.
Few other things to do in Fort Lauderdale:
- Parker Playhouse
- John U. Lloyd Beach State Park
- South Beach
- Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Hollywood
- New River Inn
- Bienes Museum of the Modern Book
- Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale
- Calvary Chapel Fort Lauderdale
Tips to book cheap flights to Fort Lauderdale:
- Once you decide to fly, make sure you head straight to check on the flights. Booking in advance is a great way to catch hold of cheap flight tickets.
- Plan your trip accordingly, when your travel isn't an emergency. Flying during holidays, festive season, etc., could be expensive. Thus again, if your trip is a sure one, check out flights in advance to know discounts on flights to Fort Lauderdale.
- Flying during the weekdays could spare your pockets a reasonable amount of money. Consider this option.
- Check out if there are 2 flights with 2-3 stops on route to Fort Lauderdale. Getting a little out of the comfort zone of direct flights can save you a huge sum of money.