About London (LON)
During your visit to London, you might notice that the city is culturally rich and diverse. The city is also referred to as a world cultural capital since it is the home to diverse range of peoples and cultures. You might be surprised to know that there more than 300 languages spoken within Greater London alone. These facts are great contributors for bringing London the pride to staying the world's most populous city from 1831 to 1925.
London is also one among the world's leading financial centers and leading investment destinations, and it has significant influence over the fields of arts, commerce, education, entertainment, fashion, finance, healthcare, media, professional services, research and development, tourism, and transport. Moreover, the city is home to over 480 overseas banks, a number more than any other city in the world has achieved. This makes London strong in the area of finance and thus its financial exports make it a large contributor to the UK's balance of payments.
London has several important landmarks that are internationally acclaimed for their architecture and design. Universities in London form the largest concentration of higher education institutes in Europe. The city has also played host to various global events and is gaining recent popularity for its technology readiness, developments in software, multimedia development, and design. These markers leave no room for doubt to learn that London is the world's most-visited city as measured by international arrivals.
Book Cheap Flights To London:Planning on a trip to London? The best time to make the efforts to book cheap flights to London is right now! The destination you are going to step into is beautiful and thus, the expenses on travel and accommodation might startle you just a little bit if unprepared. Save money by checking into cheap flight tickets to London on Tripzumi. Check with our experts for budget tickets to London and offers on flight tickets that will help you save on travel. No matter what the nature of your travel might be, for a comfortable and smooth flight package, drop into Tripzumi.
- London Eye: The giant Ferris wheel on the south bank of Thames, is the London Eye. This iconic riverside observation wheel is also known Millenium Wheel. When it was initially erected in 1999, the London Eye was the world's tallest Ferris wheel.
- Tower Bridge: One among the famous landmarks of London- the Tower Bridge, fondly referred to as the London Bridge as well. This Victorian turreted suspension bridge was built between 1886–1894.The Tower Bridge Exhibition with its modern exhibits and glass floor is a must see in London!
- Buckingham Palace: The fairytale-like place to admire the beauty of a home and marvel at British architecture- Buckingham Palace. The palace is residence to Britain's present ruling monarchy and is also the center for state occasions and royal hospitality.
- Westminster Abbey: London's traditional place for coronations and the abbey that holds the graves of the English and British monarchs- Westminster Abbey. The gothic church is famous for its architecture and for its royal exhibits.
- Big Ben: London's national timepiece located at the north end of Palace of Westminster- Big Ben! This iconic clock tower is also known as the Great Bell of the clock.
Few other things to do in London:
- Tower of London
- St Paul's Cathedral
- British Museum
- Palace of Westminster
- Hyde Park
- Victoria and Albert Museum
- Science Museum, London
- Globe Theatre
- Kensington Palace
- Sea Life London Aquarium
Tips to book cheap flights to London:
- Once you decide to fly, make sure you head straight to check on the flights. Booking in advance is a great way to catch hold of cheap flight tickets.
- Plan your trip accordingly, when your travel isn't an emergency. Flying during holidays, festive season, etc., could be expensive. Thus again, if your trip is a sure one, check out flights in advance to know discounts on flights to London.
- Flying during the weekdays could spare your pockets a reasonable amount of money. Consider this option.
- Check out if there are 2 flights with 2-3 stops on route to London. Getting a little out of the comfort zone of direct flights can save you a huge sum of money.