About Manila (MNL)
Situated on the eastern shore of Manila Bay, this is the most populous city in the Philippines. Manila was earlier under Spanish colonization, and therefore you will find influences of Spanish culture, cuisine, and architecture when you visit Manila. The later takeovers on Manila include the British and Americans. It was under the American rule following the Spanish–American War, the United States changed the official language from Spanish to English and made some changes in education, local laws, and urban planning. Manila was a popular trade center, due to its central positioning. Owing to this, Manila received the moniker of the "Pearl of the Orient".
Manila serves as a major center for banking and finance, retailing, transportation, tourism, real estate, new media as well as traditional media, advertising, legal services, accountancy, insurance, theater, fashion, and the arts in the Philippines. Record has it that Manila ranks 5th largest according to the Cities and Municipalities Competitiveness Index for its economic size in the country and ranks 3rd for its economic dynamism in the Philippines. A vital source of financial inflow to Manila has been the tourism industry. The city welcomes over 1 million tourists each year. The walled city of Intramuros, the National Theater at the Cultural Center of the Philippines, Manila Ocean Park, Binondo, Ermita, Malate, Manila Zoo, National Museum of the Philippines and Rizal Park are among the chief attractions of the city.
Book Cheap Flights To Manila:Planning on a trip to Manila? The best time to make the efforts to book cheap flights to Manila is right now! The destination you are going to step into is beautiful and thus, the expenses on travel and accommodation might startle you just a little bit if unprepared. Save money by checking into cheap flight tickets to Manila on Tripzumi. Check with our experts for budget tickets to Manila and offers on flight tickets that will help you save on travel. No matter what the nature of your travel might be, for a comfortable and smooth flight package, drop into Tripzumi.
- Manila Zoo: Step into the beauty of wildlife and the natural world at the Manila Zoo. This 14-acre zoo was founded in 1959, and today is the safe haven for over 832 animals and 100 species of animals.
- National Museum of the Philippines: Visit the various national artifacts at the National Museum of the Philippines. The museum serves as a cultural and educational center that preserves and upholds ethnographic, anthropological, archaeological and visual artistry of the Philippines.
- Manila Ocean Park: Educational, inspiring and hands-on activities, an oceanarium and live shows at the Manila Ocean Park. This world-class marine theme park is a popular tourist attraction in the city that draws visitors for its breathtaking displays of aquatic life.
- Star City: Visit the most famous amusement park in Manila- Star City! The park has exciting rides that make it a popular attraction in the city. Star City welcomes about 1.5 million visitors annually!
- Binondo Church: The landmark church in Manila with a 16th century tower that is well known for its architectural beauty- Binondo Church. The church is also known as Minor Basilica of Saint Lorenzo Ruiz and Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary Parish.
Few other things to do in Manila:
- Rizal Park
- Masjid Al-Dahab
- Manila North Cemetery
- Museo Pambata
- Fort Santiago
- Cultural Center of the Philippines
- Museum of the Filipino People
- San Agustin Church
- Coconut Palace
- Arroceros Forest Park
Tips to book cheap flights to Manila:
- Once you decide to fly, make sure you head straight to check on the flights. Booking in advance is a great way to catch hold of cheap flight tickets.
- Plan your trip accordingly, when your travel isn't an emergency. Flying during holidays, festive season, etc., could be expensive. Thus again, if your trip is a sure one, check out flights in advance to know discounts on flights to Manila.
- Flying during the weekdays could spare your pockets a reasonable amount of money. Consider this option.
- Check out if there are 2 flights with 2-3 stops on route to Manila. Getting a little out of the comfort zone of direct flights can save you a huge sum of money.