Montreal, a city of adventure and culture. If you are planning on a travel to Montreal, here are few things you might like to know about this historical city. Montreal is the most famous city of Quebec and the second most popular municipality in Canada. This second largest French-speaking city in the world (after Paris), received its name after Mount Royal
, the triple-peaked hill positioned at the heart of the city. The city itself is placed on the Island of Montreal and thus welcomes aboard an abundance of scenic beauty and a distinct four-season continental climate with warm to hot summers and cold, airy and snowy winters. It is quite a busy city, being Canada's commercial capital and alongside occupied with hosting international events, even ones of historical significance like the 1976 Summer Olympics Games. Along with its tradition of producing jazz and rock music, Montreal is also talented in the fields of visual arts, theatre, music and dance. Not to forget, the much loved Just For Laughs
festival that never fails on any entertainment screen. With a wonderful blend of French and English traditions, this city has a unique cultural face that attracts tourists and travellers.
Book Cheap Flights From Montreal:
For effortless booking of the cheapest flights to Montreal, visit us at Tripzumi
. With great seasonal deals and offers, we are sure your tour to city will be filled with the comfort you dream of. Find with us offers on business and economy class tickets, on the best and cheapest flights to Montreal that suit your convenience best. While we focus on helping you save time and money of flight tickets to Montreal, go ahead and plan what your trip requires.
- Notre-Dame Basilica of Montreal: A must-see tourist attraction place, especially for those with an eye for heritage, craftsmanship and architecture. The Notre-Dame Basilica of Montreal is built in Gothic Revival Style and demands great deal attention for preservation and maintenance of each of its fittings which posses several archaeological treasures of major ethnographic value.
- Parc Jean-Drapeau: The perfect getaway for those in mood for cultural and sports activities. Parc Jean-Drapeau comprises of the Saint Helen's Island and the Notre Dame Island (an artificial island), and it hosts many diverse programs like an aquatic complex, Jean-Dorè beach, casino, etc.
- Montreal Insectarium: Educational and entertaining centre to explore the different species of insects. Take a tour with the arthropods in the Montreal Insectarium and learn about their behaviour, characteristics and ecological roles.
- The Olympic Stadium: After, the 1976 Summer Olympics hosted in Montreal, the Olympic Stadium has also become a popular place to visit in Montreal. The stadium is also a spot that accommodates many other social events like exhibitions, film shoots, fairs, and sports events.
- Roi Tinto Aclan Planetarium: In love with astronomy? If yes, the award winning Roi Tinto Aclan Planetarium should be on your list during Montreal tour. With breathtaking visuals, astronomical expos and other activities, the planetarium provides the typical out of the world experience.
Few Other Things to do in Montreal:
- Pointe-à-Callière Museum
- Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
- Marché Bonsecours (Bonsecours Market)
- Montreal Biodome
- Casino de Montréal (Montreal Casino)
- Lachine Rapids
- Notre-Dame-de-Bon-Secours Chapel
- Habitat 67
- Château Ramezay
Tips to book cheap flights to Montreal:
- Once you decide to fly, make sure you head straight to check on the flights. Booking in advance is a great way to catch hold of cheap flight tickets.
- Plan your trip accordingly when your travel isn't an emergency. Flying during holidays, festive season, etc., could be expensive. Thus again, if your trip is a sure one, check out flights in advance to know discounts on flights to Montreal.
- Flying during the weekdays could spare your pockets a reasonable amount of money. Consider this option.
- Check out if there are 2 flights with 2-3 stops on route to Montreal. Getting a little out of the comfort zone of direct flights can save you a huge sum of money.
- Consider different airlines that offer cheap flights to Montreal and mix-match them. Try to fly to Montreal on one airline and fly from Montreal via different airline. This could also help you save a little bit of money.