About Ottawa (YOW)
Ottawa is known for its advanced political and technological development, thereby making it a city that leads by example in Canada. It isn’t just the home to several post-secondary, research, and cultural institutions, including the National Arts Centre and the National Gallery, but the city also holds fame for having the highest literacy count and the lowest unemployment record.
Culture, performing arts, theatre and entertainment are other positives that add more to the vibrant energy that this city radiates. If you are a planning on a trip to Ottawa, make sure to get the best resources out of its abundant heritage.
Book Cheap Flights From Ottawa:For effortless booking of the cheapest flights to Ottawa, visit us at Tripzumi. With great seasonal deals and offers, we are sure your tour to city will be filled with the comfort you dream of. Find with us offers on business and economy class tickets, on the best and cheapest flights to Ottawa that suit your convenience best. While we focus on helping you save time and money of flight tickets to Ottawa, go ahead and plan what your trip requires.
- National Gallery of Canada: An inspiring display of art collections and exhibits, right from the time of the Middle Ages up to contemporary art, is portrayed with international stature at the National Gallery of Canada. This is also one of Canada’s premier art galleries, thus making it a hard to ignore spot by many tourists in Ottawa.
- Canadian War Museum: Brush up your knowledge on Canada’s war history with a visit to the Canadian War Museum. A thorough perspective into Canada’s military history, memorial to lost lives in the armed forces and more!
- Rideau Canal: The famous UNESCO World Heritage Site in Canada for being the oldest operating canal in North America- Rideau Canal. This 202 kilometer long canal joins Ottawa River to Lake Ontario. The canal takes the place of a must visit on the things-to-do in Ottawa list, for its scenic beauty and pleasure boating experience.
- Peace Tower: The bell and clock tower that serves as a Canadian icon- Peace Tower. The tower is located at the central axis of the Center Block of Canadian parliament buildings. Also known as the Tower of Victory and Peace, it stands as a memorial for those who lost their lives during the Great War.
- Laurier House: Witness the calm and serene beauty of the great Victorian mansion, Laurier House, which once served as the residence of Canada’s two former Prime Ministers; Sir Wilfrid Laurier and the Rt. Hon. William Lyon Mackenzie King. It is now a National Historic Site that bears resources and exhibits on Canada’s political history.
Few Other Things to do in Ottawa:
- Canadian Museum of Nature
- Canada Aviation and Space Museum
- National Arts Centre
- Notre-Dame Cathedral Basilica
- Library and Archives Canada
- Dominion Arboretum
- Calypso Park
- Rideau Falls
- Centennial Flame
- Meech Lake
Tips to book cheap flights to Ottawa:
- Once you decide to fly, make sure you head straight to check on the flights. Booking in advance is a great way to catch hold of cheap flight tickets.
- Plan your trip accordingly when your travel isn't an emergency. Flying during holidays, festive season, etc., could be expensive. Thus again, if your trip is a sure one, check out flights in advance to know discounts on flights to Ottawa.
- Flying during the weekdays could spare your pockets a reasonable amount of money. Consider this option.
- Check out if there are 2 flights with 2-3 stops on route to Ottawa. Getting a little out of the comfort zone of direct flights can save you a huge sum of money.
- Consider different airlines that offer cheap flights to Ottawa and mix-match them. Try to fly to Ottawa on one airline and fly from Ottawa via a different airline. This could also help you save a little bit of money.