About Paris (PAR)
During the 3rd century BC, the Celtic people called the Parisii founded the city of Paris (and hence the name, Paris). Soon enough, in the 12th century, the city became a prosperous trading center and also the largest city in the western world. By the 18th century, Paris was the center stage for the French Revolution, finance, commerce, fashion, science, and arts. The fame and popularity that the city had built for itself remain intact till date. French is the official language of Paris.
The city has several notable architectural achievements which make it a popular tourist destination. Travelers from far and wide visit Paris, either for its attractions or for one specific feature that the city thrives in. Paris had 22.4 million visitors, making it one of the world's top tourist destinations, in 2014 alone. The twice-yearly Paris Fashion Week, its haute cuisine, and three-star restaurants are other factors that bring in international visitors to this great city. Notre Dame Cathedral, the Sainte-Chapelle, the Eiffel Tower, and the Basilica of Sacré-Cœur on Montmartre, Louvre, Musée d'Orsay, Musée National d'Art Moderne, are the other architectural and artistic must-sees that the city holds. Paris is also the proud home to many artists who have achieved greatly. The city continues to inspire its visitors with the breathtaking portrayals and displays of great works of modern and contemporary art. For the same reason, Paris is rightly referred to as the "City of Art".
Economy of Paris is supported from; enterprises in the city, commerce, transportation, and diverse services, construction, wholesale and retail trade, professional, scientific, and technical services, information and communication, transportation and warehousing, finance and insurance, administrative and support services, accommodation and food services, human health and social work activities, public administration and defence, education, manufacturing and utilities, and agriculture.
Book Cheap Flights To Paris:Planning on a trip to Paris? The best time to make the efforts to book cheap flights to Paris is right now! The destination you are going to step into is beautiful and thus, the expenses on travel and accommodation might startle you just a little bit if unprepared. Save money by checking into cheap flight tickets to Paris on Tripzumi. Check with our experts for budget tickets to Paris and offers on flight tickets that will help you save on travel. No matter what the nature of your travel might be, for a comfortable and smooth flight package, drop into Tripzumi.
- Eiffel Tower: In 1889, tThe Eiffel Tower was Constructed as an entrance to the 1889 World's Fair. The wrought iron lattice tower is named after the engineer Gustave Eiffel, whose company designed and built the tower. The Eiffel Tower is a global cultural icon, one of the most recognizable man-made structures in the world and also the most-visited paid monument in the world.
- Louvre: There is no excuse to skip on this one if you are an art fanatic- The Louvre Museum or Musée du Louvre, is the largest and historic monument in Paris. This museum is the proud holder of several globally renowned art, like; Mona Lisa, Winged Victory of Samothrace, Venus de Milo, The Virgin of the Rocks, The Wedding at Cana, etc. Louvre museum takes the place of the 2nd most visited museum in the world.
- Notre-Dame de Paris: Take a look at one of the most finest examples of French Gothic architecture at Notre-Dame de Paris or "Our Lady of Paris". This medieval catholic church cathedral is widely recognized for its artistic beauty, the naturalism of its sculptures and stained glass works.
- Musée d'Orsay: Spend a while in contemplation of French art at Musée d'Orsay. The museum houses French art dating from 1848 to 1914. Paintings, sculptures, furniture, and photography from impressionist and post-impressionist great artists are among the collections.
- Conciergerie: A part of the former royal palace, later famous as a prison- Conciergerie. The former prison is now a historic landmark in Paris for housing several prisoners during the French Revolution. It is located on the Île de la Cité or "Island of the City".
Few other things to do in Paris:
- Île Saint-Louis
- Les Invalides
- Musée Rodin
- Parc Astérix
- Jardin des Plantes
- Grand Palais
- Parc de la Villette
- Tuileries Garden
- Place de la Concorde
Tips to book cheap flights to Paris:
- Once you decide to fly, make sure you head straight to check on the flights. Booking in advance is a great way to catch hold of cheap flight tickets.
- Plan your trip accordingly, when your travel isn't an emergency. Flying during holidays, festive season, etc., could be expensive. Thus again, if your trip is a sure one, check out flights in advance to know discounts on flights to Paris.
- Flying during the weekdays could spare your pockets a reasonable amount of money. Consider this option.
- Check out if there are 2 flights with 2-3 stops on route to Paris. Getting a little out of the comfort zone of direct flights can save you a huge sum of money.